Mapquest Driving Directions
MapQuest driving directions are God’s gift to the everyday driver, I love driving, and I also love technology, so that’s why I am such a big fan of online mapping websites like Yahoo Maps and Google Maps among several others. In fact, most of these sites provide me with the kind of tools that I like to use, because they actually make my life better and they are also very easy to use. What I like the most about using these services is that they allow me to easily explore places and find locations where I’ve never been before, all I have to do is print a map with an easy route traced on it, or I can take advantage of their mobile app to get directions on the go.
Before online mapping services were available I’d always have to write down the addresses of the places that I was going to visit, then I would have to figure out which routes to take in order to arrive to where I was going on time. In the past it could take me hours to find my destination, now I only need a computer, a printer, and an internet connection that allows me to browse the web in order to find the best routes. Another more convenient way to use the service is through their free mobile app for Android and iOS devices which also offers turn by turn directions and even voice guided navigation. If you don’t want to download the app check out MapQuest’s official site for mobile web browsers, simply scroll down the page to find more information about this option.
Get Driving Directions
- Go to MapQuest.com.
- Click “Get Directions” in the upper left side of your screen.
- Enter your starting address in A.
- Enter your ending address in B.
- Click on the green button that says “Get Directions”.
Now, if you’re still having a hard time trying to figure out how to get maps and directions at AOL’s mapping site, then just watch the video below to get a better idea of how the whole thing works. Once you’ve gone through the entire video, I advise you to keep on reading if you want to find more great information about this site.
WATCH THE VIDEO BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE!
The Map Quest route planner helps people find short and quick routes that have less traffic, these are all optimized routes designed to increase driving efficiency, therefore, they allow people to spend less money on gas, and that’s exactly how the service helps users save a lot of money. At the official MQ site you can find other tools that will help you save even more money, but I will talk about them later.
MapQuest.com is one of the few online mapping sites that has constantly gotten better over the years, in fact, I think it’s better now than it was five years ago, and I’m sure that in five years it will be a lot better than it is now. Below you’ll find a list of the most popular features that the site has, after you’ve gone through the complete list you will find out exactly why everyone loves AOL’s mapping service.
Most Popular Features:
- Turn By Turn Driving Directions: Great for those of you who hate traffic.
- Walking Directions: An excellent feature if you want to get to your destination quicker by foot.
- Transit Directions: Definitely a time saver!
- Biking Directions: Just what the adventurous type needs!
- Multi Stop Route Builder: Build one single route with all the stops on it, great for road trips!
- Live Traffic Cameras and Road Conditions
- Live traffic and weather information
- Cheap Gas Price Finder: Yet another way to save money!
- High quality interactive maps: Maps allow users to explore locations using different types of views, satellite images, street maps, road maps, bird’s eye view, and 360 view.
- Drag and drop capabilities: This feature allows you to easily adjust your route by simply dragging and dropping the route line, probably the best way to find alternate routes to get to your destination.
- Road Trip Planner: Mapquest has out of the box trip planning features that will allow you to do things like finding resting areas and exits in your route, you can also locate and avoid seasonally closed roads, country borders, timed restrictions, ferries, and highways.
- POIs: Easily find and add to your routes popular landmarks, popular locations, hotels, garages, restaurants, bars, hospitals, drugstores, and more.
- mQvibe: Map Quest Vibe allows you to find the most popular and hottest places by category in your neighborhood.
- Mapquest Mobile Solutions: M4M allows iPhone, Android, and Blackberry users to get maps and directions on the go. Mobile solutions also include the new MapQuest for Mobile Browsers.
Mapquest driving directions are available in the USA, Canada, the UK, and the rest of the world, however, there are some places where you can’t get directions yet, but you can still use the service in those areas to explore locations through high quality interactive maps. If you go to mapquest.com and you can’t get directions there visit open.mapquest.com to see if you can get them there, that’s the url of the Map Quest open site, there you can get directions for almost any place, if you can’t still get them there, then I guess that you are simply out of luck and you’ll just have to wait until they provide coverage in your location.